Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Blondes--Going the Way of the Dinosaur?

A rather Freudian view of blondness, I would say.

The Village Voice is young, hip, and multicultural. Michael Musto, who is one of their more thought-provoking regular contributors, has this to say about a certain type of young, blonde celebrity:

A surfeit of pesky peroxide addicts who had face-lifts at age 12 and turned their abortions into handbags has made things so oppressively dumb-tastic that Charlize Theron has to wear boils and a modified babushka to elevate herself from the tragically superficial morass into respectability (though ever a trouper, she bravely still sports luscious blond locks).

I swear on my obsolete Uggs that dumb blonds are, like, officially over. It's just not cute anymore to watch people who, thanks to raging insecurity issues, insist on being both stick-thin (because they want to look "good") and camera-hoggingly self-humiliating. The spectacle of boobs popping out, drug dribble leaking out, and vaginas wearing out, all in the name of career advancement, was extremely amusing for a while, but everyone's too smart to stand by and applaud this sideshow any longer, especially if they can't get close enough to grab some.

You can't say the man minces words, can you?

Link

5 Comments:

At 7:56 AM, Blogger ryan said...

Personally, I'm a huge fan of blondes.... but the ones I have dated do have a lot of the mentioned characteristics. It gets old after a while.

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Carlos L said...

Another interesting blog Dr. Ayers. I'm exactly sure what the guy ment by all his colorful wording but I have to say that the whole concept of dumb blondes is blown slightly out of proportion. Even though I kind of prefer brunettes I like blondes as well. Hair color isn't that important to me and from my experience it is not ussually the hair color that makes a woman how some people portray blondes. Belive me brunettes can be just the same way blondes are portrayed and belivers in this concept may call them "blonde brunettes". I response to Ryan's comment... keep looking there are plenty of nice blondes out there.

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Noah said...

I am going to have to agree with these guys there are plenty of brunettes that are just as bad as blondes. But to deny the fact that their are a lot of weird blondes out there is stupid.

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Julia said...

I'm glad that some people are finally getting sick of the "stereotypical blonde." Sure, I'll laugh at the cleaner blonde jokes now and then but the half brained sluts shown on tv will not be missed.

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Katrina said...

I believe that stereotyping a person based on hair color is about as lame as the blonde jokes that are told today. I am a natural blonde and I have never colored my hair or tried to change my appearance. I graduated 11th in my class and I have a 3.8 GPA in college. I agree that there are a lot of unintelligent blondes, but most of these girls are probably naturally brunette and choose to color their hair to the more popular blonde shade.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home