Wednesday, November 09, 2005

QuickTake: Survey--One in Five Teens Have Own Blog

We have a gender gap here, folks. Females are more likely to blog than males. Do I sense a government affirmative action initiative coming to assist the males? Nah. The blogging gap will remain a fact of life, I fear. Males are playing video games while females are blogging. Maybe that's just nature taking its course.

From my own experience, blogging keeps my writing skills honed. Thus, I predict that young women's writing skills will outpace those of young men. If writing skills matter in today's economy (and I think they do), then look for young women to have a leg up in the job market.

Link

7 Comments:

At 9:33 PM, Blogger HalheG said...

Honestly, if it were not for this class I would have never been involved in a blog.

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger ryan said...

I agree that females are more likely to blog than males, but I'm not sure that I agree with the theory that blogging will produce better writing among those who do it. From my personal experience, I have found that writing emails and memos it just as effective in toning my writing skills.

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Noah said...

Well i can't really say either way whether it is going to gives females the advantage but i disagree with all the guys playing video games all the time. I mean seriously get a life. There are better things to do out there. Be creative.

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Jbrew87 said...

Girls tend to voice their emotions more, hence the blog fad.

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Nochman said...

I think the ladies are naturally inclined towards the literary arts(at least more than men. See if you can find three male English majors at your college

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger Krystal P said...

I think it makes sense that statistics show there are more female bloggers...but I am not one to go with the crowd. As I've mentioned in previous comments, I'd never even heard of blogging before your class and I'm not likely to continue it afterward.

 
At 1:12 AM, Blogger StevenBurda said...

yep...welcome to 2006!

- Steven Burda -
e-mail: steven.burda.mba @gmail.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/burda

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home